Friday, August 15, 2008

Always On My Mind...

It has now been over 7 months since Maegan died. It's a wonder how memories fade. I used to be able to remember how she walked around the pool, so very carefully. Sure I remember how she did it, but I can no longer picture it. I used to remember how she would greet friends, earning the nickname "crotch-shot" or how she loved to watch other dogs run. Well, the other day I was sorting pictures and came across a movie. A movie shot in a time when "babies" were our birds, and we had Buddy and the Beast. It was titled "Superdogs". Maegan chased down one of her favorite crazy toys, a psychedelic pony, then stole Buddy's toy, and barked victoriously. My lutino cockatiel, Lucy, had died just before Quinn was born. In the video, she was chirping happily. It was about 5 minutes long, much too long to post, but maybe someday. Just to have it, to be able to see them, when they were alive and happy, means so much. I'm sure when I shot that, I never had a second thought- I'm lucky I didn't delete it at some point. I was there with them at the end, so seeing them in their glory days, well, I don't have words. The moments we have are priceless, precious, and few. Capture as many as you can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

still miss and think about her... her picture is still up on my desk.